Free Space Optics technology
The technology is very much like fibre optic in that it uses a light source to transmit the data but instead of being contained in a cable, the laser signal is transmitted through air (free space). This is where the term Free Space Optics (FSO) is derived; it is sometimes called Optical Wireless as well.
In order for the digital signal to be transmitted and received, there must be clear ‘line of site’ between each optics unit. In other words, there should be no obstructions such as trees or buildings between the transceiver units.
Another advantage of this technology is that there are no wires, it is completely wireless.
Features and benefits of Laser Links
- Leased line replacement
- Cost Effective Fibre replacement
- High bandwidths available up to 10 Gigabit
- Licence free operation
- Cost effective solution
- Rapid deployment – less than a day
- Immune from interference
- Completely Wireless
- Ideal for setting up disaster recovery alternatives to leased lines.
- Ideal for urban areas or city centres where the use of leased lines is expensive
- Suitable for factories or industrial environments where high noise levels can interfere with transmitted data.
Never before have we witnessed such huge demand in connecting buildings together. This free to air solution has risen in popularity following hardware and software improvements and the inefficient way cable solutions are being implemented. In business, people want prompt action; they do not want to wait 12 months for authority to be given to lay underground cables. Business owners are taking control of their own destiny.
Following in-depth consultation sessions and a site visit our engineers are ready to begin the installation process.
This follows a set procedure:
- Engineers arrive on site
- Data cables are connected to the network or Comms Room
- Utilising state of the art equipment, all cables are fully tested
- Laser heads are mounted in a predetermined position
- Laser heads are precisely aligned and locked down
- Data packet testing is carried out
Laser Link FSO technology supplied by Active Communication Company Limited are fitted with ATPC technology. This allows the system to operate in an effective manner, regardless of atmospheric conditions. As visibility diminishes the power settings on each unit automatically increases. It is vitally important for ACCL to supply top of the range equipment that fully supports network activity.
Units supplied by ACCL are accompanied with user-friendly Windows based software. This allows network managers to monitor the system at all times. If problems occur ACCL’s Support Team is just a phone call away.