Health and Safety Obligations
The Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) is law and any infringement may result in legal action carried out by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
To support our belief in total quality delivery, we follow strict procedures for the highest standards of health and safety and our engineers are BICSI/RCDD qualified and comply with BS EN ISO 9001:2000, BS EN ISO 14001:2007 and OHSAS 18001:2009.
As required by HSE, ACCL provides all employees with:
A safe place of work.
- Safe working practices.
- Safe equipment eg, tools etc.
- Where necessary, personal protective equipment to be supplied free of charge.
- Safe access to and from (egress) the place of work.
- Risk assessments.
- An emergency procedure, to include the evacuation from gas and fire exposure and what to do if asbestos is found on site etc.
A general safety policy.
ACCL further requires employees:
- To take care so as to not injure yourself or others.
- Not to misuse or break any equipment, tools or health and safety equipment etc.
- Co-operate with your employer with regards to health and safety.
- To refrain from using any piece of equipment that you are not trained to use correctly and safely