What Is Included in My Wi-Fi Survey by ACCL?
After 20 years in this business, we know that every building is unique. Just like the connectivity needs of any business. Thus, our wireless site survey services are 100% personalized to match your unique needs. We don’t give you generic recommendations that match any other building. We take the time to understand what YOU need and create a Wi-Fi survey that helps you cover those needs.
Here’s what’s included:
- An on-site visit from our expert wireless network design engineers. This is a crucial step in assessing the health of a wireless network. Sadly, too many companies overlook the importance of an assessment made by a qualified professional, not a mere field technician.
- Active, passive and predictive Wi-Fi surveys of your premises. We use top-of-the-line site survey tools to listen to your existing APs and to other sources, looking for signal coverage, interference and strength. Next, we gather detailed information on your network traffic, data rates and throughput packet loss. Lastly, we combine all the data we gathered and merge it with the one obtained from RF planning tools to predict the wireless coverage of your access points.
- If a network is already in place, a manual inspection of all your wireless hardware in included – orientation and mounting are also inspected.
- Our engineers run wireless analysis software to capture all the relevant data related to the performance of your wireless.
- We sit down with you to learn more about your needs and your plans for the future in order to ensure the perfect price to performance ratio and scalability.
Our report focuses on:
- Purpose – what will you be using your Wi-Fi network for?
- Number of users – how many people rely on this network?
- Security – what are the major security concerns in your industry/area and how can we mitigate them? Optional security layers can be added to any Wi-Fi network and we can recommend the most suitable and time-tested ones.
- Floor plans – even though they are identically built, each floor of your building has different connectivity needs. Our report addresses and assesses each floor separately.
- Heat maps – our heat maps assess the signal strength and present it in a colour-coded manner: green for great signal, red for poor signal and white for no signal at all.
- Speed – the download and upload speed is also assessed separately.
- Mobility – the report takes into account the mobility of employees between rooms, partitions and floors.
- Environment – from other signals in the building or outside of it to the construction materials and furniture used, we factor everything in.
- Safety – the Wi-Fi survey report makes recommendations to help you avoid workplace accidents (trip and falls, fire hazards and more). The safety of your employees and your HSE compliance are our top concerns.
- Wi-Fi standards — there are four different Wi-Fi standards commonly used today: 802-11a, 802-11b, 802-11g and 802-11n. There are pros and cons for each of them. Our team of specialists can recommend the ideal one for you in our Wi-Fi onsite survey report.
The result is a wireless LAN site survey that helps you with your Wi-Fi planning. It will outline where you need to place routers and access points to ensure maximum coverage with a minimal investment and no signal interference. Our site survey for wireless networks is:
- Based on your unique needs, pain points and future plans.
- Professionally written and presented by a team of skilled engineers, technicians and writers.
- Written in a manner that is easy to understand by everyone – you don’t have to be a wireless network design engineer to make sense of it.
- Budget-friendly: we take your budget into account and make recommendations that ensure that you get top performance within your budget.
- Ideal for both indoor and outdoor Wi-Fi planning.