Why Do You Need a Smart Home Automation System?
There isn’t a single answer to this question. Every homeowner sees a different purpose for smart home installation. For instance, home cinema installations in London are very popular, but so are audio visual system installation or smart lighting.
While there are a lot of home automation companies, working with the right one will ensure that you get the tailor-made system you need without any compromises. After all, that is the beauty of smart home installation: having a fully customised system that meets your needs and can easily be upgraded when they change.
That being said, here are the top advantages of installing a home automation system:
1. Save Energy
Smart home systems can control any appliance or device in your home and they can distribute power according to priorities or general consumption levels. You can even connect your green energy sources to your home automation system.
Let’s take a close look at a plausible scenario: if you have solar panels that power up your home, you want to make sure that the energy they produce is not wasted, right? Your control system can start by sending energy to the most power-hungry appliances.
For instance, you could heat the water tank first to provide hot water and to heat your home. When the water in it has reached the set temperature, according to your energy plan, the power could go to your tumble drier or your pool.
Typically, the goal of these systems is to make sure that the usage never outstrips the supply. Of course, everything is 100% customisable and you can always override the settings.
2. Save Money
A smart home system installation in London is the easiest way to save money on your energy bill. You can set up a timetable in a way that uses up the most energy when it’s the cheapest or when you get the highest output from your renewable energy sources.
For example, if you drive an electric vehicle, you could start to automatically charge it during off-peak hours – when your electric energy supplier has the lowest rates. Or you could dry your clothes at that time.
Your air conditioning unit could be set to cycle the air as soon as the right temperature is reached. This means that you don’t have to remember to turn it off or on several times per day. And that you don’t have to sacrifice your comfort in order to save energy. This is what turns a regular house in a smart home, after all.
3. Take Your Entertainment to the Next Level
The COVID-19 pandemic taught us all that you can’t have too many entertainment options in your home. Sure, the London cinemas are world-class ones, but this doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a movie at the same quality you would on a cinema screen. With the added benefit of being in the safety and the comfort of your own home.
A home cinema installation can turn your living room or your basement into everyone’s favorite room in the house. And you don’t have to stop here.
An audio-visual system installation can help you control the music in every room of the house from anywhere or play your favorite funny clips on the biggest TV in the house without being in the same room.
4. Make Comfort a Priority
In general, when we talk about green energy or certain actions that help save the environment, we imagine that they come with quite a bit of hustle. Installing solar panels, for instance, isn’t easy. But installing a home automation system isn’t just easy if you work with the right home automation company, but also comfortable in the long run.
The very same system that helps you save energy can also help you:
- Control every light in the house from a distance. No more getting out of bed because you forgot to shut the outdoor light.
- Control your AC and your heating from a distance. You don’t have to heat up or cool down your home when you are at work or on a holiday. And you don’t have to suffer in an ice-cold home, either. You can just set the smart home system to turn it on at the right time so you can enjoy the perfect temperature as soon as you get home.
- Monitor the safety and security of your home. See what goes on in and around your home wherever you are. Set and disable alarms from a distance or enable your CCTV system with a few clicks or taps.
- Enjoy small luxuries. What if your coffee could be ready just as soon as you wake up? Integrating your espresso machine with the central brain of your smart home makes this a child’s play. Just set the time when you want the coffee to be ready, choose the type of coffee you prefer and it will be waiting for you in the morning, at the right temperature.