Even more, we don’t just follow industry standards, we set higher ones! We always work on perfecting our repair processes so that they are increasingly reliable and fast!
The Fusion Splicing Process – Your Guarantee for Future-Proof Fibre Optics Repair Services
In order to make sure that repairs on your fibre optic network run smoothly, we use cutting-edge processes like fusion splicing. In a nutshell, this process refers to joining two fibre cores by melting their ends together using an electric machine.
For your network to work seamlessly after fusion splicing, the process needs to be extremely accurate. This is why our engineers first use state of the art equipment to align the cores and then apply the precise amount of heat required to melt their ends.
Our skilled engineers use fusion splicing to:
- Rejoin two fibres after a breakage
- Connect two or more cores directly through a patch cabinet
- Keep your costs under control – fusion splicing entails less losses than joining cables through a coupler
- Extend a cable run
- Attach a fibre of short length with a polished and factory fitted connector
ACCL cares about your safety and about following H&S regulation. All our engineers and workers are know how to handle fibre cores. Plus, they always work in clean and tidy areas and dispose of the fibre offcuts safely.
ACCL’s Fibre Optic Maintenance Services for London Companies – the Best Way to Prevent Down Time
Why wait until you need fibre optic repair services, when you can prevent some of the problems? Your fibre optic cabling system is a significant investment, so it makes sense to protect it.
This is where our maintenance services come into play.
ACCL’s skilled engineers and technicians can help you with:
- Data cabinet tidy services – the best way to prevent entangled cables and breakages.
- Professional cleaning of connectors – their ends can be easily scratched by dirt
- Adding dust caps where needed
We know that staying connected is of the utmost importance for your business, so we do our best to perform all maintenance work on live fibres. Taking them down is a last resort measure and only applies to several situations.
Why Should You Work with Professional Fibre Optic Repairmen?
We know that all UK companies have budget restrictions and it may be tempting to have your network admin “take a look”. But there are several reasons why you should always call professional fiber optic repairmen:
- You need special training to deal with fibre optic: fibre optic cores are not only very sensitive, but also very dangerous. All our technicians are certified in fibre optic repair and H&S protocols associated with it.
- You need to dispose of fibre optic cutoffs properly: simply tossing them in the paper bin won’t do it.
- You can save money: it may sound counterintuitive, but it’s the truth: you can’t cut fibre optic cables with the same tools you use for copper wires. Dedicated cutting and testing tools are very expensive and only for professional use.
- You have to deal with a completely different set of stringent standards: selecting the right fibre optic cable for your company’s specific needs is harder to do than in the case of copper cables. Choosing the wrong one can result in performance loss, but also in overpaying.
Why Choose ACCL for Fibre Optic Repair and Maintenance Services in London?
Working with ACCL means:
- Fast response: we know the importance of a reliable Internet connection for your business, so we always tackle emergencies quickly and reliably.
- A team of certified and skilled professionals: our engineers are certified in fibre optic installation and repairs, and they are also up to date with H&S regulations and industry standards.
- Cost optimisation: after 25 years of experience in the field, we can advise on how to choose the best solution for your needs in terms of cost, durability, and scalability.
- Top of the line materials and testing equipment: our fibre optic repair projects benefit from the latest technology in testing and auditing equipment and from top quality cables and connectors, design to last and perform.
- Seamless customer experience: from the moment you pick up the phone to call ACCL until the project is completed, we will make sure all your questions are answered and all your problems are solved quickly and efficiently.