What BICSI means
BICSI is a professional association supporting the information technology systems (ITS) industry worldwide. ITS: covers the spectrum of voice, data, electronic safety and security and audio and video technologies. It encompasses the design, integration and installation of pathways, spaces, fibre- and copper-based distribution systems, wireless-based systems and infrastructure that supports the transportation of information and associated signalling between and among communications and information gathering devices.
BICSI provides information, education and knowledge assessment for individuals and companies in the ITS industry. We serve more than 23,000 ITS professionals, including designers, installers and technicians. These individuals provide the fundamental infrastructure for telecommunications, audio/video, life safety and automation systems. Through courses, conferences, publications and professional registration programs, BICSI staff and volunteers assist ITS professionals in delivering critical products and services, and offer opportunities for continual improvement and enhanced professional stature.
RCDD Standards of Conduct
As an RCDD® registered with BICSI, Phil Whitehead has an ethical and professional obligation to the association, industry and its consumers. Phil Whitehead therefore, pledges to:
- Maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
- Protect and enhance the reputation of the BICSI organization, the RCDD program the RCDD designation through my actions.
- Maintain the confidentiality of privileged information entrusted or known to me by virtue of my profession or position, unless disclosure is required by law or agreement.
- Be accurate and truthful in my dealings with clients and be careful not to misrepresent the quality, availability or ability of my services.
- Never under any circumstances, make a recommendation misrepresenting or overstating another individual’s qualifications, abilities or accomplishments.
- Provide unbiased, accurate, and objective assessments for all safety and operational deficiencies that may be discovered during the performance of services requested or contracted for.
- Refrain from representing competitors to clients or the public in a disparaging or demeaning manner, but work and compete with them in a reasonable and professional manner for the benefit and advancement of our profession.
- Respect a client’s decision in the selection of competitive services. Continue to offer and provide that client with quality services for as long as is necessary or requested.
- Serve all members of the public impartially, providing no substandard service based on an individual’s age, race, national origin, colour, sex, sexual orientation, disability or religious belief.
- Support BICSI’s mission to promote economical, efficient, flexible and safe information technology systems (ITS) and distribution facilities for voice, data, audio, video, security, safety, and other services in commercial and multi-family facilities through the adherence to all relevant codes, laws and BICSI methodologies, where appropriate.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure, and substantiate, that all requirements necessary for the renewal of any BICSI credential that I hold are met on, or before, the expiration date of that specific credential.
BICSI has established the Ethics Committee, the Code of Ethics and the RCDD Standards of Conduct to reinforce the BICSI position on the importance of its members exhibiting the highest principles of ethical and professional behaviour in the provision of their products and services associated with the Information Technology Systems (ITS) industry. These codes and standards serve to enhance public confidence in the integrity and service of RCDD’s. Adherence to the RCDD Standards of Conduct is a mandatory requirement for the continuance of the RCDD professional designation.
As authorised partner of many leading systems on the market, ACCL are able to advice on the system best suited to you. Please contact us if you require more information